Mixing Down a Track with Slate Digital PluginsJun 27, 2020
Ian Bland is back with another lesson for Mixmasters packed with knowledge. This time he is mixing down a track with Slate Digital plugins, offering mixdown and other production tips along the way.
Bland is no stranger to the studio, forming one half of Dream Frequency in the 90’s, releasing under many other titles including Quake, Dejure and now Dancing Divaz and Blandy. He also runs his own label: Maison Records.
Here are some insights taken from the full lesson:
Mixing Down a Track with Slate Digital Plugins: Producer Insights
- The Trimmer, Virtual Channel, then your favourite EQ and Compressor are a good start when building processing chains.
- Verbsuite Classics provides dynamic reverb that you can use on strings, rhodes and more, even the presets sound good.
- To lift your mix with some top end put some air in the sides with Eiosis AirEQ.
- Use the FG-401 to enhance your rhodes.
- The Infinity EQ in combination with the FG-Grey compressor can clean your strings up.
- A lot of the Slate plugins add colour and saturation to give you that analog warmth.
Full Tutorial Description
- Adding warmth, processing and depth to your track.
- Virtual Mix Rack.
- VCC Channel.
- FG-116 Fet Compressor.
- FG-401 VCA Compressor.
- Infinity EQ.
- Verbsuite Classics.
- FG-116 Modern.
- FG-Grey and more.
Get a Free 5-Day Mixmaster’s Trial
For access to our step-by-step combination of live production workshops, where you get to ask the world's best producers your burning questions. Along with a members-only Facebook community of like-minded producers who can give you track feedback, a video vault of over 100 previous lessons and an Ableton Live Masterclass from Saytek, sign-up for a free 5-day trial now.
Let's take your music career to the next level with Mixmasters.
Try Mixmasters Membership for FREE Today!